Effective Date: August 06, 2020
Information We Collect
We collect different types of information about our customers and Website visitors. In the past 12 months we may have collected:
- Contact Information: We may collect contact information, which includes personal information like name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
- Location: We may collect your location data in connection with your use of our Website. Our collection may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Device Information: When you visit our Website, interact with our Social Media Pages, or online ads, or open our emails, we learn about your browser type and version, operating system, IP address, and other technical information about your device.
- Payment Details: We may collect your payment details in connection with an order or an account.
- Call and Email Records: If you call or email our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Order History: We keep track of your order history with us, including the items you purchase, return, or exchange.
- Website and App Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Website or App including pages visited, interest in content, access times, links or buttons clicked, and surfing behavior.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Website, App, Social Media Pages, or to us in person including photos, videos, or reviews. This information could include personal information, depending on what information you provide.
- Social Media Usage: We receive aggregated information about people who visit and interact with our Social Media Pages.
- Profile Information: We may have access to profile details about consumers such as your preferences and website behavior.
How We Collect Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: make a purchase; visit our Website; contact us with questions or comments; upload content; enter our contests, sweepstakes, or promotions or contests or sweepstakes we are affiliated with; create an account; sign up for communications; complete a contact form; write a review; or use or like our Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Website or interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us such as payment processors, analytics, or advertising companies. Your information may be collected and processed independently in accordance with the third party’s own privacy notices. These third parties share information they have collected with us.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information with us. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your orders and other requests, including, but not limited to, processing payments and delivering packages.
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email or newsletter, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Website, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communication), monitoring the effectiveness of our advertising and communications, and analyzing trends and statistics.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize our relationship with you, including presenting customized communication, advertising and experiences on our Website, emails, and ads on social media.
- Communications: Communicating with you about our services and responding to your inquiries.
- Promotions: Running contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Website, App, and Social Media Pages, developing our products and services, and constantly improving our customers’ experience, including but not limited to, troubleshooting customer service issues and improving Website functionality.
- Security: Protecting Zwilling and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity.
- Legal obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How Information is Shared with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes
We may share personal information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Website and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Collected Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in Information We Collect.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect our Website users, our Website, or the public.
If you are a California resident, you can learn more about your privacy rights below in the California Privacy Rights section or on our Do Not Sell My Personal Information page.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Website from accessing your location information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Newsletters, Emails, and Other Electronic Notifications: You can unsubscribe from newsletters, emails, and other electronic notifications by a link included in every such communication.
- Online Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your account on our Website. If you wish to cancel your account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ or https://digitaladvertisingalliance.org/. You will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preferences. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
Our Website, App, and Social Media Pages are intended for adults. No one under the age of 16 should share any personal information with us, including by creating an account or making a purchase from our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information of children under the age of 16. To request the deletion of personal information relating to a child under the age of 16, please email email@example.com.
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Although we use measures to protect your personal information, in general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet. Your transmissions are, therefore, at your own risk. You can protect your information by selecting b, unique passwords for the Website and any associated email addresses. If you have concerns about the security of your account, or wish to alert us of any potential vulnerabilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
International Data Transfers
Because Zwilling works with global companies and technologies, we may transfer your personal information outside of the country in which it was originally provided. This may include transfers to third parties, such as service providers or affiliated entities who are located outside the United States. When we transfer your personal information, we take steps to make sure appropriate safeguards are in place.
Ratings & Reviews
Website Terms and Conditions
Please send your privacy-related questions, comments, and concerns to us via email at email@example.com. You may also contact us by calling us at 914-747-0300.
California Privacy Rights
As a resident of California, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (with any implementing regulations and as may be amended from time to time, “CCPA”) relevant to your Personal Information (as defined under the CCPA), as well as other laws. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under the CCPA and other limitations under applicable law.
California Consumer Rights Under the CCPA: If your Personal Information is subject to the CCPA, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Request that we provide you access to the following no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information that are sold (as defined under the CCPA) and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold.
- Request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA or other applicable law; and
- Request that we not “sell” your Personal Information by opting out of the sale of your Personal Information.
California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
How to Submit a Request
If you wish to exercise your right to request access to your Personal Information, to request deletion of your Personal Information, or to request that we opt you out of the sale of your Personal Information, please submit your request through this webform.
Alternatively, you may also exercise your CCPA rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 914-747-0300. Please help us by providing your full name, email, and home address, and clearly indicate which right you wish to exercise. The information collected through this process will be used only for responding to your request.
We are required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information only in response to a verifiable consumer request. We will compare the information you provide to us to any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only.
For more information on your right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, please visit Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Requests Made Through Agents
Please note that you may authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights on your behalf. If you use an agent, we will take measures to verify your agent’s authorization similar to the verification described above for fulfilling any access or deletion requests. We may require more information to ensure proper verification of your agent’s identity and authorization.
Categories of Personal Information Sold
In the previous 12 months, Zwilling may have sold (as defined under the CCPA) the following categories of Personal Information: device information, location information, website interactions, transactional data, social media usage, and profile information. The Personal Information has been sold to the following categories of third parties: Marketing Providers and Technology Partners.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
We share personal information about you with service providers and third parties for business purposes, such as operational purposes and other purposes related to providing you with the products and services you seek from us. For more information about the business purposes for which we disclose personal information, please see How Information is Shared with Service Providers and Third Parties and For What Purposes, above, and please see Information We Collect, above, for what types of information may be shared.
Additional California Privacy Rights
California residents may also ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. California residents may make one request per calendar year.
To make this request, you may contact us at email@example.com. In your request, please include a subject line that states “CA Shine the Light Request”, state that you are a California resident, and provide a current California address for our response.